General question

Thomas Uhl thomas.uhl at to.com
Wed Mar 8 22:24:40 GMT 2000

Matthew Geddes wrote:

> Edward Schernau wrote:
> >
> > Thomas Uhl wrote:
> > > Hi all!
> > > Lots of people are loosing time with testing new snapshots. After a time
> > > consuming try and error session I was able to login to a Linux box
> > > running
> > > samba TNG 0.11. But the setup does not run very stable.
> > > A question to the developers: Is it possible for you to do something
> > > like
> > > a regression test to make shure that a new snapshot works in principle?
> > > The should be a FAQ which is maintained on a daily base which describes
> > > the current state and which functionality is available and which is
> > > broken.
>
>         Time is also a factor. Given the rate at which things are changing,
> there isn't really a lot of time for people like Luke to do anything
> else.
>
> What are your coding skills like? Would you be able to write a quick
> test type program?

Probably one of my employees.

> If you can't program much (like me), try spending some time on
> documentation or testing (you could have an FAQ that you update daily,.
> containing the status of Samba TNG) ;-).

One question for me is, what features are expected to work? Is the any
development roadmap or a feature list available?

Yours
  Tom

> Matt
>
> --
> "Our goal for the next release of Windows 2000 is to have zero bugs."
> - Lucovsky, Microsoft

Thomas Uhl
thomas.uhl at to.com
Thinking Objects Software GmbH                       phone: +49 711
838981-50
Stuttgart, Germany                                     fax: +49 711
838981-69