General question

Gerald Carter cartegw at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Wed Mar 8 21:50:56 GMT 2000

Thomas Uhl wrote:

> A question to the developers: Is it possible for you to
> do something like a regression test to make shure that
> a new snapshot works in principle?

You should remember that TNG is strictly a development
branch.  Features will be merged into the HEAD branch,
but TNG will never see daylight in a stable release.
Once the features are merged and support becomes
official, regression testing will become an integral
part of the release cycle as it is already in place for
the HEAD branch.

I say this with all sincerity and mean no disrespect,
but if you are going to use development code, you have
to accept the state of flux it will be in by nature.

> The should be a FAQ which is maintained on a daily
> base which describes the current state and which
> functionality is available and which is
> broken.

Wonderful idea.  I believe this is what Lars has
been attempting to do with the FAQ.  However, volunteer
time is always in a shortage.  I'm sure he would
gladly accept help.

Cheers,
jerry
                            Gerald ( Jerry ) Carter