General question

Matthew Geddes mgeddes at xavier.sa.edu.au
Wed Mar 8 22:03:44 GMT 2000

Edward Schernau wrote:

> Thomas Uhl wrote:
> > Hi all!
> > Lots of people are loosing time with testing new snapshots. After a time
> > consuming try and error session I was able to login to a Linux box
> > running
> > samba TNG 0.11. But the setup does not run very stable.
> > A question to the developers: Is it possible for you to do something
> > like
> > a regression test to make shure that a new snapshot works in principle?
> > The should be a FAQ which is maintained on a daily base which describes
> > the current state and which functionality is available and which is
> > broken.

	Time is also a factor. Given the rate at which things are changing,
there isn't really a lot of time for people like Luke to do anything
else.

What are your coding skills like? Would you be able to write a quick
test type program?

If you can't program much (like me), try spending some time on
documentation or testing (you could have an FAQ that you update daily,.
containing the status of Samba TNG) ;-).

Matt

--
"Our goal for the next release of Windows 2000 is to have zero bugs."
- Lucovsky, Microsoft