Samba TNG joining domains

Matthew Geddes mgeddes at xavier.sa.edu.au
Mon Mar 6 05:30:32 GMT 2000

Hi guys, sorry to be filling you mailboxes up, but I am really eager to
get TNG up and running.

I am still not able to get a TNG box to join a domain controlled by TNG
or NT.

The trust account is created (even as a BDC or member server depending
on what I try)

It appears to be on the client side as I can join a domain controlled by
TNG from an NTW and TNG won't join an NT or TNG domain.

I think it may be something to do with permissions and changing the
trust account password.

When I start the daemons (before I go to join the domain) DOMAINNAME.SID
is created, but it's different from the SID of the PDC.

Does anyone know if the daemons need to be started in a certain order,
or if there are some which should not be started when trying to join a
domain?

If it's a Samba problem, does anyone have any suggestions as to which
would be the best daemon to run at -d 100?

Has anyone had success with TNG 0.8 and be willing to share their
experiences?

As I said above, I (and my boss) are very eager to get TNG working. Any
help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Matt

P.S. The yodl versions of the man pages are on their way. Any
suggestions for the drafts yet?

--
"Our goal for the next release of Windows 2000 is to have zero bugs."
- Lucovsky, Microsoft