Password Sync

Simo Sorce simo.sorce at polimi.it
Fri Jun 23 08:55:33 GMT 2000

Peter Tredeau wrote:

>  Hello,
>
>  I have a Win NT domain will all W2K and NT 4.0 machines, along
>  with  a Linux NIS environment. I would like to be able to have
>  the Linux users change their passwords on the NIS master and the
>  NT users use the NT environment. I would like to keep the passwords
>  in sync. The PDC is on NT 4.0 server. Any idea how to do this ?
>
>  -Pete
I don't know if this is a viable solution for you.
I resolved the problem setting an https (ssl encrypted) page to change
the password.
It take the responsability to authenticate the user and change the samba
and unix passwords.
The difference is that I have Samba and NIS on the same server.

--
Simo Sorce - Integrazione Sistemi Unix/Windows - Politecnico di Milano
E-mail: simo.sorce at polimi.it
Tel.int: 02 2399 2425 - Fax.int. 02 2399 2451