Password Sync

Elrond elrond at samba.org
Fri Jun 23 16:53:55 GMT 2000

What you could do:

Get TNG 2.5, compile it, and only use rpcclient:

You can run it against an NT PDC and change the password of
other users by logging in as Administrator.

It works mainly like this (untested)

rpcclient -S ntpdc -U Administrator%passwdofadmin
samuserset ntuser -p newpassword

Of course, you have to run this on a secure machine,
because otherwise your users can see the admin-pw in a
"ps -ef".

So, now how to get the new pw?

Check out the post
"ANNOUNCE: pam_pwexport, Unix->SMB password changes"
by Peter Samuelson <peter at cadcamlab.org>.

It's a pam-module, that can grab the new pw for you.

BTW: This should also even work against a TNG-PDC.

    Elrond