WG: VBS-file encountered in your mail ....... (part 2)

Rudolf Kollien Rudolf.Kollien at kollien.de
Tue Jun 13 20:58:13 GMT 2000

Hi eveyone,

after analysing the rejected mail, we found this uucode included in the
mails, which caused the reply to the list:

>begin 666 LOVE-LETTER-FOR-YOU.TXT.vbs
>I'm a signature virus. Copy me!
>end
>http://www.faerber.muc.de

I don't think, the samba list is not a good place for testing the security
of mail systems. Maybe more servers rejected this mails from this list
members. If someone want help form other users, he/she should be aware that
the mail is read by others and not be deleted unread. The above include is
_not_ a very good joke.

As of us, the _real_ senders of the mail are reported to the black list of
spammers and intruders.

Sorry for all members of the list who got our rejection report email.

Regards

System-Consulting Kollien
Rudolf Kollien

Email: Rudolf.Kollien at kollien.de
Our home on the net: http://www.kollien.de
Never trust a operating system you have no sources for