NSS.H on SOLARIS 7

William Keller keller at eng.nepean.uws.edu.au
Tue Jul 18 04:59:00 GMT 2000

Hi all,

	I've been trying to compile winbind for some time on a sparc
Solaris 7 box but can't seem to get very far at all.

The make procedure always fails as follows:

[root at europa source]# gmake nsswitch
Compiling nsswitch/wins.c with -fpic
nsswitch/wins.c:26: nss.h: No such file or directory
make: *** [nsswitch/wins.po] Error 1

>From this, I get the impression it only works under Linux (nss-pam
enabled), as RedHat 6.2 seems to include nss.h file - but not Solaris.
Solaris does include the followig though:

/usr/include/nss_common.h
/usr/include/nss_dbdefs.h
/usr/include/nss_netdir.h
/usr/include/nsswitch.h

Coule someone please verify whether winbind does work on Solaris 7 ? I'm
probably missing something really trivial right?
			*insert smart comment here* :)

I'd appreciate any pointers!

William Keller