Password sync

Henning Eiben eiben at busitec.de
Tue Jul 18 08:52:03 GMT 2000

Hi,

I'm running Samba 2.0.6 (or 2.0.7) with SuSE 6.2 and I want to keep my samba
and my Unix passwords in sync. Since SuSE 6.2 uses PAM I supposed I don't
have to use the "password chat" from smb.conf ... or am I mistaken? I
already tried setting a password chat up but it doesn't seem to work, I
always get an error message on my Windows NT prompt after changing my
password.

This is a copy of my smb.conf:

--- cut --- cut --- cut ---
unix realname = yes
unix password sync = true
passwd chat debug = True
passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
passwd chat = "*New password:*" %n\n "*New password (again):*" %n\n
"*Password changed*" .
--- cut --- cut --- cut ---

--
Henning Eiben