Printer Problems

Keith Lynn lynn at cis.usouthal.edu
Sun Jan 9 19:05:30 GMT 2000

Thanks for your help. I have logged on as adminstrator, but I tell it what
driver to use, it won't do anything. Do you have any ideas? This is my
smb.conf file

# Samba config file created using SWAT
# from 192.245.222.25 (192.245.222.25)
# Date: 2000/01/04 17:14:29

# Global parameters
[global]
        netbios name = ITELAB
	workgroup = INFOTECH
	update encrypted = Yes
	wins support = Yes
        domain logons = Yes

        security = user

        os level = 34
        local master = yes
        preferred master = yes
        domain master = yes

        encrypt passwords = yes

        interfaces = 192.168.100.100/255.255.255.0 127.0.0.1/255.255.255.0

        printer driver file = /usr/local/samba/print/printers.def

        logon path = \\itelab\profile\%U

[netlogon]
        comment = The domain logon service
        path = /export/samba/logon
        public = no
        writeable = no
        browseable = no

[profile]
        comment = User profiles
        path = /export/samba/profile
        create mode = 0600
        directory mode = 0700
        writeable = yes
        browseable = no

[share]
        Comment = Share drive for FCE 19
        path = /ili2/labs/fce19/share
        read only = no

[PRINTER$]
        path = /usr/local/samba/print
        read only = yes
        browsable = yes
        guest ok = yes

[hplj19]
        path = /var/spool/samba/printers
        printable = yes
        postscript = yes

        printer driver = HP LaserJet 4000 Series PCL 6
        printer driver location = \\%L\PRINTER$

Thanks.
       Keith Lynn