Samba-tng.0.4pre & win95

Lonnie J. Borntreger lonnie at borntreger.com
Sat Feb 19 16:13:41 GMT 2000

Finally.  I'm no longer the only one talking about this problem.

STATUS: Samba TNG does not support Win9x authentication.  I ONLY works for
users on NT or 2000.

SOLUTION: Somebody with access to an NT PDC based domain needs to do a
netmon trace of a successful domain login and a successful GETDC request
from a Win9x machine and send it to Luke Leighton (lkcl at samba.org).  Once he
has that, he will fix the implementation.

CAVEAT: I've asked for someone to do that trace several times in the last
4-6 months, and no-one has stepped forward and done it.

TTFN,
Lonnie Borntreger
PS: For those watching the list, yes I DID cut and paste the exact same
reply into two messages. ;)