another error joining samba with w2k

Anders Vedmar anders.vedmar at interactiveinstitute.se
Wed Dec 6 16:16:27 GMT 2000

On Mon, 04 Dec 2000, sp wrote:
> > I compiled the latest CVS (on redhat 7.0), used the "howto config" with
> > minor changes
> > (see bellow) and created all the directories needed. When I tried to join
> > the samba domain with w2k I got (after long time of inactivity): "The
> > specified domain does not exist
> > or could not be contacted". There is only one error in my
> > log files (any debug level):
> >
> > [2000/12/04 12:07:57, 0] rpc_parse/parse_prs.c:prs_grow(217)
> >   prs_grow: Buffer overflow - unable to expand buffer by 2 bytes.
> >
> > [snip]

This is EXACTLY the same problem I'm having with the 2.2 I downloaded
from CVS yesterday.

I'm also trying it under redhat 7.0. As a desperation resort I even tried
compiling it with kgcc, but no luck, same problem.

With older CVS versions, as well as the TNG branch, it doesn't work
either, but it fails with other errors than the buffer overflow one.

/A