W2k and SMB Problems

Hazen Valliant-Saunders hazen at potentia.ca
Mon Dec 4 15:14:08 GMT 2000

Hi;
	I am currently using 2.2.1-prealpha and having troubles with w2k all the
time.  2.2.0-PREALPHA	configured as a PDC and working fine for NT4-SP5.
First off i've created all the machines and users like i should and then
connected with all of my NT4 clients (No problem works beautifully!!)
However the errors i get with W2k are perdominantly "Conflicts with an
existing set of credentials" or "Bad User name or Password"  or "could not
logon due to a Remote Procedure Call failure" or " Request timed out"  Now
if anyone could awnser i would much appreciate it as i am at a loss and
tcpdump and smbtcpdump are makeing my mind think like a FIFO Stack.  I know
the Username/Password combo work because i created them myself. and i know
that there are Issues between samba and lan manager 5.0  So if any GURU out
there could help i would much appreciate it.

Thank you for your time.
Hazen Valliant-Saunders
Potentia Telecom Power
(613) 592-0027 x107
(613) 592-1686 (facimile)
"Peace can only come as a natural consequence of universal
enlightenment...''
--Nikola Tesla, "My Inventions: the autobiography of Nikola Tesla", Hart
Bros., 1982--