Samba+NT+OS/2

Andrea Venturoli ml.ventu at flashnet.it
Thu Apr 27 01:45:36 GMT 2000

Hello.

I'm not sure this is the correct place to write, if it's not I apologize and ask where
should I send this question.

My network has (amongst others) the following machines:
_ UGO: running Samba 2.0.6 on FreeBSD 4.0, providing WINS server, some shares and acting as
my PDC;
_ XANATAR: an OS/2 4.0 machine which provides some shares;
_ RADIO: an NT 4.0SP3 machine which only act as a client.

Both RADIO and XANATAR can autenticate either locally or on the PDC correctly, problem
arises if from RADIO I logon using domain authentication and try to access XANATAR,
particularly:

I can see XANATAR in the browse list, but if I click on it I get an "Access Denied" message
(it might not be the exact string you might see, my NT is in Italian and I'm translating
back to English so you all can understand); if I manually connect to a specific service on
xanatar (e.g. by assigning a drive letter to it and typing the full service name, or issuing
a DIR \\XANATAR\service at the prompt) it works almost fine: in the past I had some problem
running Access or any ODBC application on an MDB file on XANATAR, but lately it looks like
it works (possibly since I upgraded from 2.0.5 to 2.0.6).

If I logon locally on RADIO, then I have no problem at all.

 Bye & Thanks
	av.