o/t info request

Sam Couter sam at topic.com.au
Wed Apr 19 01:16:41 GMT 2000

For a calendaring system, you can try Netscape Calendar (is it iPlanet
now?), which is a rebadged version of Corporate Software & Technologies'
CorporateTime. It runs on at least Linux, Windows and several unices.
We use CorporateTime rather than Netscape Calendar. Netscape are
dropping/have dropped calendar support anyway, I believe.

Gregory Leblanc <GLeblanc at cu-portland.edu> wrote:

> Perhaps a year from now there will be a good solution for this, but it's
> very alpha code right now.  You can get most of the pieces separately, but
> nothing bound together.

That's the UNIX way. Small pieces that do the job that can be used together.
The Microsoft way is bloated, monolithic beasts that try to do everything,
and succeed in doing very little, and poorly. :)
Sam Couter                                              sam at topic.com.au
Internet Engineer                               http://www.topic.com.au/
tSA Consulting