o/t info request

Gregory Leblanc GLeblanc at cu-portland.edu
Tue Apr 18 23:45:43 GMT 2000

I hate to do this on the Samba list, but Groupwise runs at least on NT as
well as Netware, and I seem to remember Unix counterparts.  I'll have to
check....Yep, Novell's page says something about it running on Unix,
probably not Linux.  If you put things together, I think that
Netscape/iPlanet has all of the features, just not as tightly integrated.
You should also check out HP's "OpenMail" which is a drop in replacement for
Exchange, and runs at least on Linux, probably HP-UX as well.

> Now, in the free/open source domain, you would have to run and Imap
> daemon, a POP daemon, an Ldap server, possible samba (for
> shared folders),
> and some other calendar daemon (don't know of any off hand)
> to get close
> to the functionality of exchange.

Perhaps a year from now there will be a good solution for this, but it's
very alpha code right now.  You can get most of the pieces separately, but
nothing bound together.
	Greg