NT network, without a domain?

Bostjan Muller neonatus at gimp.thz.net
Mon Apr 3 09:08:31 GMT 2000

I guess I wasnt quite clear.

1. I would like to have my nt box logon to a domain. Can that be done in a
branch other than Samba-pdc?

2. How do I add a machine - I did the rpcclient logon as root, than createuser
machine$ isn't that enough?

3. If 2 was wrong than what is the right way to add users and machines the way
that they could login from a remote machine to samba-pdc?

4. Which version of smb do I have to use to get remote printers working on a NT
wks client (the print server is linux).

THX in advance!

Bostjan

* On 03-04-00 at 10:34 geoffrey lee (snail_talk at yahoo.com) wrote:
+----Here quoted text begins----+

> it is. 2.0.x where x >= 3 has basic nt pdc capability. i.e. logging onto
> domain.

[...]
> if you need nt pdc functionality, you can use the stable branch, or you can
> use a mixture of the head and tng branch. just the head branch won't do,
> since they don't have NT PDC support there.

[...]
+----and here the quote ends----+