NT network, without a domain?

Thomas Heiligenmann thomas.heiligenmann at t-online.de
Mon Apr 3 17:06:13 GMT 2000

Bostjan Muller wrote:

> 1. I would like to have my nt box logon to a domain. Can that be done in a
> branch other than Samba-pdc?

"domain logon" with execution of logon script works with Samba 2.0.x
I would recommend 2.0.5a

> 2. How do I add a machine - I did the rpcclient logon as root, than createuser
> machine$ isn't that enough?
>
> 3. If 2 was wrong than what is the right way to add users and machines the way
> that they could login from a remote machine to samba-pdc?

see DOMAIN_MEMBER.txt in the docs for details

> 4. Which version of smb do I have to use to get remote printers working on a NT
> wks client (the print server is linux).

remote printing works with any Samba version - although remote
installation of NT
printer drivers doesn't work with 2.0.x yet. you have to install them as
local printers
and print to local port \\sambaserver\sharename

--
Thomas