Domain Logon using samba

Cristina Moreira Nunes nunes at mozart.ulbra.tche.br
Thu Sep 23 18:17:39 GMT 1999

I changed the "workgroup" and the problem was resolved.

Thank you very much for replies.

Cristina

Subject: Re: Domain Logon using samba
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 23:05:46 +1000
From: Gerald Carter <cartegw at Eng.Auburn.EDU>

Cristina Moreira Nunes wrote:

> Then I change the domain of Windows 98 to the same
> of samba. I created a count to this machine in /etc/passwd
> and I used smbpasswd to put a password. My username
> is in /etc/smbpasswd too.
>
> When I go logon at Windows, I receive this message:
>   "Invalid Parameter"

You cannot use the same name for both workgroup and netbios
name on the sambe server.

<snip>
> [global]
>    workgroup = MOZART
<snip>
>    logon path = \\mozart\netlogon\%U
>    logon home = "\\mozart\%U"

BTW...You do not need to create machine accounts for
Windows 9x clients.

Cheers,
jerry
                            Gerald ( Jerry ) Carter