Password syncing

Michael S. Hulet hulet at ittc.ukans.edu
Thu Sep 9 18:21:46 GMT 1999

I spent several hours at log level 100 to get this to work.  Digital Unix
4.0D

unix password sync = yes
passwd program = /usr/local/bin/passwd %u
passwd chat debug = true
passwd chat =  Changing\spassword\sfor\s%u.\nNew\spassword:\s %n\n
	*(Checking *for*lousy*passwords...)*\n %n\n *Retype*new*passwd:*\n

Look at your chat when you try to change unix password and see if it
resembles my chat sequence.  If not, modify it to match yours.

Michael Hulet
Network System Administrator
ITTC, University of Kansas