acls on win-side

peter pilsl pilsl at goldfisch.atat.at
Mon Sep 6 20:07:51 GMT 1999

On Mon, Sep 06, 1999 at 07:37:02PM +1000, Matt Chapman wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 06, 1999 at 07:23:15PM +1000, peter pilsl wrote:
> >
> > I cant get smbclient/smbmount to use local (non-domain) accounts when
> > accessing NT
>
> You must specify the local domain with the -W option, i.e.
>
> smbclient //SERVER/SHARE -U LocalUser -W SERVER

oops. thanks.

> > and I cant find a commandline-tool for NT that can
> > handle domain-accounts: cacls (from NT) cant do it and igrant (form ntsec)
> > should be able to do it, but I cant get it to work at all:
>
> Are you sure this is an NTFS filesystem you're trying to add ACL's to?
>
> cacls should work just fine. Read the documentation for that or igrant
> (which I'm not familiar with) carefully, I'm sure you're doing something
> wrong.

as far I know cacls does not support domain-user. maybe there is a different version of this prog in nt-workstation and nt-server. but my
my german-workstation-cacls can show domain-user but not process any granting with it. gui-security-extension in explorer can do it, but
I need something for scripts.

peter

mag. peter pilsl

phone: +43/(0)/6763574035