Using NT-Based Printer Controls with Samba

Tavis Barr tavis at mahler.econ.columbia.edu
Wed Oct 6 21:36:35 GMT 1999

I recently tried to install SoftwareShelf's PrintManagerPlus on a
workstation attached to our Samba domain (V. 2.1, head branch code,
about a month old) to manage printer accounting from our NT
workstations that we have attached to a printer.  PrintManagerPlus couldn't
find the domain users list, even though the user manager on the client
machine saw the Samba domain users fine.  Has anyone gotten this program
to work, or does anyone have any good experiences with other printer
quota systems that they use successfully with Samba for both the Unix
and the NT end?

Many thanks for any suggestions,
Tavis Barr
Senior Systems Coordinator
Institute for Social and Economic Theory and Research
Columbia University