Creating a new printer

Dave.Stevenson at durham.ac.uk Dave.Stevenson at durham.ac.uk
Fri Oct 1 06:41:55 GMT 1999

If you are browsing the printers box on the samba server, the Add Printer
"Wizard" thingy seems to work OK for me if...

1/ I make sure permissions on the  %sambaroot%/lib  directory are open enough
try a 777 and work down :-))
2/ The printer "port" is already defined in smb.conf
3/ You have a \\MYSERVER\print$ share on the server with a w32x86 directory
   (assuming intel based workstation)

   but I found no way to make LANMAN type connections, though as you say, old
   LANMAN connections established under 2.0.x still work. I ended up running
   printers from a different ,2.0.5 based server.