slow printing.

Bill Brandt brandtwr-samba at draaw.net
Tue Nov 30 20:48:42 GMT 1999

I'm having an issue with a samba print server.  I have the following in the
smb.conf

[global]
        workgroup = DOMAINNAME
        netbios name = SERVERNAME
        server string = Samba Server
        security = DOMAIN
        encrypt passwords = Yes
        password server = NTDOMAINPDC
        log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
        max log size = 50
        os level = 10
        local master = No
        dns proxy = No
        wins server = #.#.#.#

[printers]
        comment = All Printers
        path = /var/spool/samba
        guest ok = Yes
        print ok = Yes
        browseable = No

The printer is a HP LaserJet 4M setup with redhat print-tool in lpd.  Files
print, but it appears that each page is sent separately to the printer with
enough time between them for the printer to stop and sometimes even "cool down".
Has anyone experienced this issue?

--
Bill Brandt
brandtwr at draaw.net                              http://www.draaw.net/