slow printing.

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Tue Nov 30 21:54:03 GMT 1999

I had that once. Turned out my W$ printer def was set to "download truetype
fonts as graphics", which blew up the size of the print file by a factor of
10. When I change to "download truetype fonts as soft fonts", my Laserjet
IIID printed at its specified 8 pages per minute -- no cooldown.

Copy a large text file directly to it with

copy bigfile.txt //servername/printername

And see whether it still prints too slowly. If not, it's probably your
Windows client printer def.

Steve Litt