Win2000 joining the domain for Samba 2.1.0 prealpha

Matt Chapman matty at cifs.org
Mon Nov 15 14:19:46 GMT 1999

On Tue, Nov 16, 1999 at 01:06:23AM +1100, Richard Sharpe wrote:

> As far as I can see, this may have been caused by an RPC Request 0x3 opnum 0
> from Win2000, to which Samba rteplied and then Win2000 simply closed
> \lsarpc and took its marbles home. :-(

Opnum 0 is a close. Look before that; you will probably see an LsaOpenPolicy3
call (which Netmon doesn't decode, it is opnum 0x3e or such), which Samba
fails to reply to.

Luke, if you get some time can you code up that RPC fault... I've been meaning
to do it for a while but am in the middle of exams right now.

	Matt

--
Matthew "Austin" Chapman
SysAdmin, Developer, Samba Team Member