Win2000 joining the domain for Samba 2.1.0 prealpha

Richard Sharpe sharpe at ns.aus.com
Mon Nov 15 07:46:40 GMT 1999

At 01:19 AM 11/16/99 +1100, Matt Chapman <matty at cifs.org> wrote:
>On Tue, Nov 16, 1999 at 01:06:23AM +1100, Richard Sharpe wrote:
>>
>> As far as I can see, this may have been caused by an RPC Request 0x3
opnum 0
>> from Win2000, to which Samba rteplied and then Win2000 simply closed
>> \lsarpc and took its marbles home. :-(
>
>Opnum 0 is a close. Look before that; you will probably see an LsaOpenPolicy3
>call (which Netmon doesn't decode, it is opnum 0x3e or such), which Samba
>fails to reply to.

Yes, I see that now.

>Luke, if you get some time can you code up that RPC fault... I've been
meaning
>to do it for a while but am in the middle of exams right now.

Hmmm, seems like it needs something that calls:

   smb_io_rpc_hdr
   smb_io_rpc_hdr_resp

plus adds Status = 0x1c010002
          Reserved = 0x00000000

If the response from NT Svr 4.0 is to be believed.

If Luke does not code this up tonight, I will have a crack at it tomorrow.

So damn close, AARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!

>	Matt
>

>--
>Matthew "Austin" Chapman
>SysAdmin, Developer, Samba Team Member

Regards
-------
Richard Sharpe, sharpe at ns.aus.com, Master Linux Administrator :-),
Co-author, SAMS Teach Yourself Samba in 24 Hours
Author: First Australian 5-day, intensive, hands-on Linux SysAdmin course