Samba as PDC with NT and Win95/98

Ulrike Baumgaertel-Ehrlicher GRUPPE_PLANWERK at BauNetz.de
Thu Nov 11 14:20:51 GMT 1999

Hello, does anyone has experience with the following problem?

i have set up samba as a pdc (and wins-server, dhcp-server etc.) and it
seemed to work well...except one problem:

i need different volumes on the win95/98 clients and some NT
workstations to be accessible for all users.

it works, as long as the nt-workstations are in a workgroup 'cad' and
the win95/98 clients log on to the samba domain 'planwerk'.
when i tried to integrate the nt workstations also into the domain, it
works, but they can't get access to the win95/98 shares (access denied),
and the win95/98 clients can't get access to the nt workstations.

I'm using samba 2.05a, NT SP5, Win95/98, encrypted passwd enabled etc.
everything else seemed to work fine... is there some big difference
between nt and win9X (certainly) which disturbes my peaceful network
setup?

i'm happy for every idea i get....:)

Thanx
Karsten Denkler