mike at psand.com
Thu Nov 11 13:17:27 GMT 1999
Ah... asi24h ??
No conozco tu nombre pero voy a ayudarte si lo puedo. Voy a escribir en
inglés por que mi español es un poco mal.
What version of NT are you using?
If you are trying to add a NT Workstation or Server to a Samba domain where
the Samba server is acting as a PDC, you need to do it in the following way:
1. Make sure the NT machine to add is not currently in the Samba DOMAIN.
Move it to a temporary WORKGROUP and reboot the machine.
2. Add a user account with 'adduser NTMACHINE$', for example, if your
machine is called 'WINDOZE1', do an 'adduser WINDOZE1$'.
3. Then use smbpasswd to add the machine account: smbpasswd -a -m WINDOZE1
(no $ sign).
4. Then on the NT machine, join the domain.
The above should work, but some things to check if it doesn't:
1. If you're using NT4 SP3 or later, make sure you've got password
encryption set on in Samba.
2. Make sure that there is a WINS server, either point BOTH the NT box and
the Samba server at your NT WINS server and make sure they are added in WINS
Manager or set 'wins support=yes' on your Samba box and point your NT box
3. Have 'domain logons' set to 'yes' and 'security' set to 'user' in your
I think you're probably better off running version 2.1 to do this but
someone else will probably disagree.
Hope that helps,
----- Original Message -----
From: ASISTENCIA Y SOLUCIONES INFORMATICAS 24H <asi24h at jet.es>
To: Multiple recipients of list SAMBA-NTDOM <samba-ntdom at samba.org>
Sent: Thursday, November 11, 1999 10:46 AM
> I tried to create machine acount in a samba PDC like smbdomain faq say,
> but It doesn´t works.
> My samba version is 2.0.5a
> What is the problem???
> Thanks if anybody can help me
More information about the samba-ntdom