Delete local profiles when not using roaming profiles

Viraj Alankar valankar at cse.fau.edu
Fri May 28 13:07:33 GMT 1999

Hello,

	Does anyone know if there is a way to not keep local profiles on
NT workstations when not using roaming profiles? This works fine with
roaming profiles and the following reg changes:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
"CachedLogonsCount"="0"
"DeleteRoamingCache"=dword:00000001

	However, when not using roaming profiles this doesn't seem to do
anything. I'm basically trying to get rid of ANY profiles stored locally
or remotely. It looks to me like a profile must be created for every user
when they first logon and kept locally. Can it be removed somehow
automatically upon logoff?

	I am disabling roaming profiles in Samba with the setting:

logon path = ""

	I sure hope this is ok. If it isn't please let me know. Thanks for
any help.

Viraj.