local user map troubles finally solved

Jean Francois Micouleau Jean-Francois.Micouleau at dalalu.fr
Sun May 9 21:46:32 GMT 1999

On Mon, 10 May 1999, Florian Laws wrote:

> $ cat /usr/local/samba/lib/localgroup.map
> wheel="Administrators"
> $ cat /usr/local/samba/lib/domaingroup.map
> adm="Domain Admins"
>
> just exactly as in the FAQ.
> But now I wonder: Why does it _have_ to be precisely the groups
> adm and wheel? Are there some hardcoded references to these groups?

are you sure you did not try with the first group in which the user belong
? The group code is mostly working, it's just picky about which unix
groups you can use.

I talk with Luke about this already, it need to be cleaned before
Jeremy's mega-merge or it will be zap'ed.

> BTW: in CVS-1999-05-08 there are two new and undocumented parameters:
> "server ntlmv2" and "builtin group map".

first one is Luke's current toy... Second one is IIRC to extract the
hardcoded builtin accounts for the code and put them in a file to have
'national' builtin accounts.

> It also seems that Jean Francois Micouleau has checked in some of the
> NT printing code, at least the "nt printer driver" and "nt forms file"
> parameters suggest this. Is there already some documentation available?

yes, the code :-) I'm in lack of time, I'll post something this week on
samba-ntdom to explain how works the new printing code.

> now for the next problem: password changing with smbpasswd doen't work
> when non-root, smbpasswd always says the old password doesn't match.
> I think I'll have to investigate this a bit more, but when you have an
> idea or want to look at my config, feel free to tell me. :-)

it's broken since the inclusion of the VFS abstraction layer. A
connection_struct parameter is missing somewhere.

	J.F.