tracking daemons

Ian Charboneau ian at cecoh.com
Fri Mar 5 15:17:06 GMT 1999

Hello this is my first post.  I am a new net admin at a web site management
company and my mail and my web server failed last night.  It is running
slackware
and is using samba to run in a NT domain. Is there any way that I can track
it through my
NT box and have my NT system email me or page my when a daemon fails or the
server itself goes down.  Thanks.  I am willing to try just about anything.

Ian Charboneau                    phone 512 485-4733
Network Administrator           email ian at cecoh.com <mailto:ian at cecoh.com>
Ceco Management                fax 512 328-9779
Austin Texas