unix password sync

Michael S. Hulet hulet at ittc.ukans.edu
Fri Mar 5 15:32:50 GMT 1999

I have finally figured out my passwd chat string so I can change my unix
password from NT.  The problem is it doesn't change my samba password.
NT says "The User name or old password is incorrect" etc.  Samba is
changing my unix password to my new password successfully.  What do I need
to send back to NT to say that the unix password change was successful?
Or what is Samba waiting for before it proceeds to change the samba
password?  If I turn off unix password sync then my Samba password gets
changed but not my unix password.

Michael Hulet
Network System Administrator
ITTC, University of Kansas