RH 6.0 SAMBA Printing Problem

Dave J. Andruczyk dave at www.buffalostate.edu
Thu Jun 24 18:42:39 GMT 1999

> What am I missing?!

check the perms on the spool dir. they are usually 777 +t (like /tmp)
usualyy on my systems I have a more advanced smb.conf file thgat
explicitly names the printer name, and spool dir.  I thought samba wants
an individual spool dir for EACH printer, not just one dir
(/var/spool/samba) try permissions first, then add dirs in
/var/spool/samba the same names as your printers, and try again.

> I've installed fresh RH 6.0 with included SAMBA on Dell server.  I am unable
> to get Win 98 workstations to print to SAMBA shared printer.  Here is what I
> have done...
>
> created printers in Linux and tested with lpr -P ... worked fine
> edited the smb.conf file to set up SAMBA server.  Printer section is vary
> plain...
>
> printcap name = /etc/printcap
> load printers = yes
>
> [printers]