Purpose of this mailing list?

Gerald Carter cartegw at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Tue Jun 1 06:03:18 GMT 1999

Mike A. Harris wrote:

> Is this a devel list, or is it intended for general questions
> relating to the installation, configuration and administration of
> Samba as a PDC or BDC on various platforms?

Hmmm...The list was started as more of a testing grounds for
the PDC functionality.

> Please clarify, and if this is the wrong list, can someone point
> me to a samba-admin list of some kind that can help me get Samba
> running as a PDC?

It's probably about the only list available to handle these
questions.  I can't speak for everyone, but I know I have been
so snowed under with direct e-mail lately that I'm having a
hard time keeping up.  I think everyone is just on a small
sabbatical at the moment.  Hang in there.

Cheers,
jerry
                            Gerald ( Jerry ) Carter

                                  - Sting "Message in a Bottle" ( 1979 )