question

Gerald Carter cartegw at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Tue Jun 1 06:12:21 GMT 1999

Dan Egli wrote:

> Here's my smb.conf file, someone tell me why when I log
> into 98, it asks me for a username/password AGAIN (with the
> key on the keyring icon) then says my password for
> connecting to the share \\speeder\dan is incorrect
> when I use the same password I use to log onto linux.

Dan,

This quesiton is better suited for the main samba at samba.org
mailing list, but since I'm here and have no sleep anyways... :)

Either enable password encrpytion on the Samba server or
enable plain text password in the Win98 box.  all of this
should be detailed in the docs that come with Samba.

Cheers,
jerry
                            Gerald ( Jerry ) Carter

                                  - Sting "Message in a Bottle" ( 1979 )