smb_dont_catch_keepalive

Mike A. Harris mharris at ican.net
Tue Jun 1 05:47:09 GMT 1999

On Mon, 31 May 1999, Seth Stone wrote:

>I have this problem as well.  Does it happen everytime you umount
>something?  What about using smbumount?

It usually occurs at either mount or unmount time, or if a remote
machine was mounting a share.  Not all the time though.

I can't seem to see the pattern.

I mount with smbmount, but I've been umounting with umount.  I
didn't know there was an smbumount.  I guess they must work the
same... or perhaps the mount that I have supports smb too..

Take care,
TTYL

--
Mike A. Harris                   Linux advocate      GNU advocate
Computer Consultant                          Open Source advocate

Tea, Earl Grey, Hot...