smbclient changes between 1.n and 2.n

Andy Smith abs at maunsell.co.uk
Mon Jan 25 16:50:08 GMT 1999

On Mon, Jan 25, 1999 at 11:35:15AM -0500, Todd Pfaff wrote:

> there was recent message posted regarding a directory recursion bug in
> smbclient, and i think andrew or jeremy posted a fix.  check the samba and
> samba-technical archives also.

That's what I thought, but when I searched the archives, all I came up
with was the amiga reference.

Anyway, found it now, it was referenced as a smbtar problem, and recurse
wasn't in the text at all, thanks for jogging my memory though, I have
the fix and all is well again.  (Fix took a little time getting into
the head branch, looks like it was fixed in 2.0 on 17th Dec by Jeremy)

--
  _          __         Maunsell Ltd, IT Unit    Tel  : 0181-663-6565
 /_|   _/   (  _  '_//  160 Croydon Road,        Fax  : 0181-663-6723
(  |/)(/(/ __)//)/ //)  Beckenham, Kent BR3 4DE  Email: abs at maunsell.co.uk
        /               England.                 -or- abs at maunsl00.demon.co.uk