smbclient changes between 1.n and 2.n

Andy Smith abs at maunsell.co.uk
Mon Jan 25 14:52:16 GMT 1999

Hi,
I have just started looking at backing up our NT workstations using
amanda and smbclient.  The workstations (4.0/sp3) are authenticating
against a solaris (2.5.1) samba PDC running a cvs version of the HEAD
branch circa july 1998 which announces itself 1.9.19-prealpha.

If I use the smbclient that goes with this version, all is well, tar runs
and dumps the entire pc.

I also have the latest HEAD branch running another non-production domain
which announces itself as 2.1.0-prealpha (d/loaded 99-01-06).

If I use the same options to this version of smbclient, then all I
get dumped is the 7 regular files in the top level directory.  Note,
at this stage, amanda is not involved, I am running this command from
a shell prompt :-

smbclient '//d2678/c$' '' -U administrator -W d2678 -N -Tc /var/tmp/backup2.tar

I have looked at the nt-dom archives, but the only similar thing I could find
related to amiga.  Have I missed something?  Do I need to change smb.conf
between these two versions?  Thanks for any tips.
--
  _          __         Maunsell Ltd, IT Unit    Tel  : 0181-663-6565
 /_|   _/   (  _  '_//  160 Croydon Road,        Fax  : 0181-663-6723
(  |/)(/(/ __)//)/ //)  Beckenham, Kent BR3 4DE  Email: abs at maunsell.co.uk
        /               England.                 -or- abs at maunsl00.demon.co.uk