Password less account

Simon Murcott simonmu at optimation.co.nz
Thu Feb 11 21:28:37 GMT 1999

On Fri, 12 Feb 1999, Matthew Geier wrote:

>  Does samba support the 'no allow user to change password' flag yet ?.
>
>  I have a 'public' lab - hopefully I can set an empty password so people
> can just type <enter> and get access. I want the machines to login and
> map drives as a 'dummy' user. I DONT want some wally changing the password
> on the dummy account.
>
>  My attempts so far with this have resulted in a machine that auto
> logins as a local user to the workstation. Unfortunaly, I now cant
> undo it again - tweekui doesnt have the 'network' tab unless you are
> admin, and an ordinary user cant edit the registry. (Ive gone and
> set the entire file system to Read for everybody....)
>
>  Any one know of an 'su' type command for NT, before I re-install
> this workstation ?.

getadmin.exe
http://cmp.phys.msu.su/ntclub/pub/code.htm

I suspect that SP4 will not allow this to work but from what I understand
it users techniques that are deep inside NT's architecture

Regards

Simon Murcott

 Man will occasionally stumble over the truth,
 but most of the time he will pick himself up and continue on.
 	-Churchill