Authenticating across domains

Cole, Timothy D. timothy_d_cole at md.northgrum.com
Tue Dec 21 19:57:49 GMT 1999

	Hmm, no, that probably wouldn't do what you want.  In "security =
domain", it definitely has to be pointing to a PDC/BDC of the domain it's a
member of (in general it should be anyway)

	I have no idea if this will make a difference, but ideally rather
than just the one BDC, you should probably specify the PDC and then all of
the BDCs for the domain on the one "password server = " line, separated by
whitespace.  (i.e. "password server = SMYDOM00 SMYDOM01 SMYDOM02")  At least
that's how we have it here, and domain trust relationships seem to work.