problems with smbpasswd and freebsd

Donjuma Lee dlee at cse.fau.edu
Thu Dec 2 15:35:37 GMT 1999

It is best to use rvipw to edit the password file.  It will take tou to
the shadow file, for which an entry is needed.  Then it will make the
changes to the system.  If you just edited the /etc/passwd file.  The
system has not recognized the changes you have made. Remember any entry
added to the passwd file must have a corresponding entry in the shadow
file.