problems with smbpasswd and freebsd

Tim Radigan rad2921 at cup.edu
Thu Dec 2 15:11:26 GMT 1999

hi.. i'm new to this mailing list.. so if my answer has been answered before
please dont get mad..

but.. my problem arises when i try to add the workstation_name$ to
/etc/passwd and then i run /usr/local/samba/bin/smbpasswd -a -m
workstation_name

for some reason i always get the error "user not in system password file..
but i have added it to /etc/passwd  .. i don't know what the exact problem
is.. but i've gone through the Samba Online documents.. and i'm trying to
have my NT Workstation to connect to my FreeBSD server using the latest
version of samba.. the problem i get is the: "This machine account for this
computer either does not exist or is not accessable."

and samba won't recognize the added user i added in /etc/passwd.. if anyone
has any suggestions please help.. thank you very much..

Tim Radigan