problems with smbpasswd and freebsd

Ana Maria Escalante aescalan at ifcsun1.ifisiol.unam.mx
Thu Dec 2 16:51:13 GMT 1999

Tim:
     I have just done that for my NT Wkstations and everything is working
fine. First of all, be sure to use the workstation name plus a $ sign when
you add the machine to the /etc/passwd file. Do not miss any of the fields
of the /etc/passwd. It happened to me once that I missed one field and the
system did not recognized the new account. Be sure that the account´s
password is the workstation´s name all in lower case. If the smbpasswd -a
-m WKstname tells you that the account does not exist, check your
/etc/passwd once again. The problem must be there.
     I hope this may help.

                         Regards

                    Ana Maria Escalante