Antwort: profiles

Tolga Ceylan tolga at lcsl.metu.edu.tr
Fri Aug 6 14:21:15 GMT 1999

> At 07:24 AM 06/08/1999 +1000, Stephen Waters wrote:
> >tschweikle at FIDUCIA.de wrote:
>
> >> It is. It's exactly what NT shows the client while logging a user with
> >> local profile on. But there is one difference: NT allows this setting
> >> on a user by user base, while SAMBA does not (would be nice to be wrong,
> >> wouldn't it?).
> >
> >it would be nice if samba allowed either configuration (per-user or
> >server-wide or domain-wide or whatever).
>
> What I do is allow the NT to make its profiles and selectivly delete them
> with a script on the server. Certain users are allowed to keep their
> profiles, others get the default profile each time they log on.
>
> david

I was experimenting on a NT 4.0 SP3 Box with FAT HDD.
I had a problem when deleting profiles. Actually this is not related with
Samba I suppose, but NT sometimes refuses to delete the profiles. I tried
manually deleting them, not with a script. NT just complained that the profile
directory was used and couldn't be deleted, although the user had exited. The
message does not change even if I login as Administrator locally to NT box.
NT does not let me to delete the local profiles SOMETIMES!!! And sometimes it
lets me...

When I used the policy file and set "delete local cached profiles after logout"
it worked.

Is this a bug? A program using a dll, does not free it maybe? After a reboot
problem vanishes...

Sincerely,
Tolga Ceylan