Antwort: profiles

David Bannon D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
Fri Aug 6 09:00:39 GMT 1999

At 07:24 AM 06/08/1999 +1000, Stephen Waters wrote:
>tschweikle at FIDUCIA.de wrote:

>> It is. It's exactly what NT shows the client while logging a user with
>> local profile on. But there is one difference: NT allows this setting
>> on a user by user base, while SAMBA does not (would be nice to be wrong,
>> wouldn't it?).
>
>it would be nice if samba allowed either configuration (per-user or
>server-wide or domain-wide or whatever).

What I do is allow the NT to make its profiles and selectivly delete them
with a script on the server. Certain users are allowed to keep their
profiles, others get the default profile each time they log on.

david

David Bannon                      D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
School of Biochemistry            Phone 61 03 9479 2197
La Trobe University, Plenty Rd,   Fax   61 03 9479 2467
Bundoora, Vic, Australia, 3083    http://bioserve.latrobe.edu.au