Anybody have this working?

Lonnie J. Borntreger lonnie at borntreger.com
Thu Aug 5 14:11:47 GMT 1999

Setup:
 - Server: Sparc 5, Solaris 7 Server, Samba 2.1-prealpha (CVS) - setup as
PDC
 - Clients: Windows 95
 - passwords: encrypted on both ends

Results from different connection scenarios:
 - Network login: Logs into domain, runs user login script if one exists
 - Setting up Shared services on Win95: can browse/add from domain user list
 - User Manager, Server Manager: "Can't find PDC" (samba shows up as BDC)
 - Change Network Password: "Can't find PDC"
 - smbclient to view disk shares Solaris->Win95: works
 - Printing Solaris->Win95: session setup successful, failed tcon_X

I've seen other posts with some similar problems posted, but no replies.
What do I do to determine what the problems are?  I've done logging levels
up to 100, but I don't know enough about smb messages to know what's falling
apart.  (It seems that samba thinks that it replies to GETDC requests with
itself, but Windows 95 isn't seeing that as meaning PDC.)  I've R'd all the
FMs, looked through news archives and looked through the archives of the
mail list, all to no avail.

So close, and yet so far...  Thought?  Insights?  Cash?  Cars?

TTFN,
Lonnie Borntreger
lonnie at borntreger.com
http://www.borntreger.com/