Win2K mounting dir on from Samba server

John Parsons ees3jp at ee.surrey.ac.uk
Thu Aug 5 13:41:32 GMT 1999

I have 2.0.4 running on a Solaris box, just providing shared directories and
print services, no domain configuration at all.

When I attempt to mount \\melian\homes from the Win2K box, using my username
and password, working from NT4 or 95 box, it complains about the password
being incorrect and gives me the prompt to enter another username and
password.  This keeps happening no matter what username and password I use,
the do exist in our nispasswd tables.

Do I have to fix anything on the Win2K box?  It is Win2K Server.

Cheers

John

John R Parsons            Tel: 01483 876112
Computer Support Officer  Mob: 0836 248733
School of EE, IT & M      Fax: 01483 534139
University of Surrey
Guildford
Surrey
GU2 5XH