Major new profile problems

Michael S. Hulet hulet at ittc.ukans.edu
Thu Apr 22 13:59:08 GMT 1999

Did you make a copy of samba/private before you upgraded?  We have been
warned several times to do this before upgrading.  If your domain
SID changed, all your users profiles are inaccessible.  They are owned by
the old domain SID/user so the users can no longer make changes to their
profiles.  I had to delete the old profiles and create new ones.  Another
problem was if a user had a cached profile on the machine, sometimes that
profile would be used and then saved to the roaming profile.  This would
result in the profile being unusuable again.  There were also several
"saving profiles" ideas posted on the mailing list.

Michael Hulet
Network System Administrator
ITTC, University of Kansas