Solaris 2.6 and latest NTDOM code

Gerald Carter cartegw at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Thu Jun 25 21:17:14 GMT 1998

Jeremy Allison wrote:

> I don't think so. This may be some unfortunate memory corruption
> that we have had for a time.
>
> Alternatively it could be a new one introduced to nmbd.
> Another check would be to test the HEAD branch smbd with
> the 1.9.18 branch nmbd to see if the problem doesn't occur
> there.

Jeremy,

I've noticed similar behavior under 1.9.18p4 as of late.  Samba is
configured as a WINS server again.  Have been a little to busy with the
head branch to worry about it much.  Happens about once every 24 hours
during the last two weeks or so with no configuration changes.

Sorry to be so vague.  Will try to gather more information later.

j-
                            Gerald ( Jerry ) Carter

                                  - Sting "Message in a Bottle" ( 1979 )